11 years!

11 years ago today, I got married to Yves in Las Vegas. Gosh, we look so young! I can’t believe it’s been 11 years! Anyway, I had wanted to celebrate with a date night to the movies and dinner. Last year we went to Morton’s┬ábut they have since closed that location and we heard that other locations weren’t as friendly. Well, we ended up not doing anything and I sit here now just happy that my little girl is well.

Last Wednesday, Sienna took a fall at the playground. She climbed up the side of the stairs (not very tall, about 4 feet), turned to jump off but instead tripped and fell right on her head! I was standing pretty close to her so I got to her pretty fast. It didn’t look too bad, just some scrapes, no oozing or anything but I’m sure it hurt a lot regardless. Once I got her home, she sat in my lap as I tried to comfort her. After a bit, she stopped crying and seemed to calm down and was starting to fall asleep. Crying could really wear you out! So somewhere in the back of my head I wondered about concussions. I have never been through anything like this so I didn’t know the symptoms but I (erroneously) thought that you shouldn’t let them fall asleep. So to keep her awake, I tried to bribe her with a popsicle (which she turned down! Gasp!) but she managed to agree to watch a show. While she did that, I quickly went on the computer to check on concussion symptoms. About midway through her show, she told me she felt like she felt like she wanted to throw up! Whoa! That’s one of the concussion symptoms! I quickly called her doctor, told him what happened and told him she fell on the side of her head. Which wasn’t true, she actually fell on the side of her forehead, which is what I meant to say but that didn’t come out. So he told me to take her to the emergency room just to make sure.

After freaking Yves out on the phone and him practically running home from the Kings Highway subway stop, off to the hospital we went. It took 2 hours from start to finish, she didn’t need a cat scan and the attending doctor made me feel very confident that she was ok. So at about 2 am, she woke us up to tell us her head hurt so I told her to come into bed with us. She was very warm. She ended up throwing up a few hours later so I kept her home from school on Thursday. To make a long story short, she went back to school on Friday (she was acting energetic and goofy that morning) but then felt feverish after school. I felt like she was generally ok because she didn’t want to go home and besides from a slight lack of energy, seemed to be herself. She still had a fever on Saturday so we took her to the doctor just to be sure. She just caught a virus and today was the first day she woke up without a headache and has been acting her goofy little self all day! But now I’m sick!! After we came back from the doctor, I really started feeling run down and feverish. I slept off the fever and now am just congested and a slight cough. I need to get over this fast because I have a date with Morrissey on Wednesday! Plus we need to reschedule our anniversary celebration!

No comments yet. Be the first.

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.